Saturday, October 11, 2008

Click to Give

In keeping with my dog-loving theme this semester, I thought I'd write my next blog about a website I visit daily. The website, The Animal Rescue Site, is set up so that anyone can help dogs for free in only seconds. All you have to do is go to the website and hit the button that says, "Click Here to Give - it's FREE!"


How does clicking the button help?

The website tracks the number of times the button is clicked, and for each click, the value of 0.6 bowls of food is donated to animals in shelters. This is paid for by sponsors who advertise on the site. It is mutually beneficial - when more people access the web page (and click the button), more people are seeing their advertisements. The site also sells merchandise. 100% of profits from all sales go to help animals.

How often can I click?

You can click the button once per calendar day per computer. The new calendar day, according to the site, starts at midnight United States Pacific Standard Time. No matter how many times you click, only one click per day will be counted per computer.

Are there other causes I can help with the click of a button?

Yes! The "Click to Give" sites are set up so that you can easily click from tab to tab and help out a variety of interests - hunger, breast cancer, child health, literacy, rainforest, and animal rescue.


I have the site as a tab on my browser, so that each day when I use the internet I see it and am reminded to spend a few seconds to click for all 6 causes. While 0.6 bowls of food isn't that much when you consider it on an individual one-time basis, when you get enough people clicking daily it adds up pretty fast! It is certainly worth the few seconds it takes to do, and is a great help to animals in shelters across the country.

For more information, visit the Common Questions page listed at the bottom of the Animal Rescue Site.

No comments: